Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern California Dream House Raffle Official Rules and Regulations
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California (RMHC-NC), a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is conducting the Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California Dream House Raffle (Raffle) pursuant to California Penal Code Section 320.5, et seq, to raise funds for ongoing charitable purposes. The Rules and Regulations of the Raffle are set forth below. By purchasing a Raffle ticket the purchaser agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations. RMHC-NC’s interpretation and application of these rules and regulations shall be final.
The Grand Prize Drawing for the Raffle will be held on Friday, June 3, 2016. Tickets will not be sold after May 20, 2016. Tickets may sell out before that time. An independent raffle auditor will supervise the drawing. The drawing for prizes is open to the public, but the winner does not need to be present to win.
Only 37,000 tickets will be sold. The chances of winning are based on that number. If fewer tickets are sold, your chances of winning the Grand Prize and other prizes improve. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
If the Grand Prize House (House) is chosen as the prize, the Grand Prize winner shall assume all fees, local, state and federal taxes (including but not limited to income taxes based on the value of the House), financing costs (including, but not limited to, closing costs, title insurance, and transfer tax and fees) which must be paid when the House is transferred to the winner. Likewise, there are federal taxes and there may be state and/or local tax consequences if the winner selects the alternate cash prize. (See Prizes section below.) These consequences may apply to other prizes as well. RMHC-NC takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities or costs. Consult your tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE (1) TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE RULES, LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH HERE AND (2) THAT THEIR NAMES AND/OR LIKENESSES MAY BE DISCLOSED TO AND USED BY THE NEWS MEDIA AND MAY OTHERWISE BE USED BY RMHC-NC FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES AND IN LISTS OF PRIZE WINNERS TO BE PUBLISHED IN AREA NEWSPAPERS AND ANNOUNCED ON THE RMHC-NC RAFFLE WEBSITE. OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY APPLY. PLEASE CONTACT RMHC-NC IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. RMHC-NC’S INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE FINAL.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, EACH PARTICIPANT RELEASES RMHC-NC, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR WINNING ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND EACH WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD RMHC-NC HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND RISING IN CONNECTION WITH OR AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR THE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 WHICH STATES THE FOLLOWING: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”.
Tickets are $150 each, 3-packs for $400, or 5-packs for $550. Only one method of payment, one name, and one mailing address are permitted per ticket pack. Only one eligible person may be entered in the raffle per ticket sold. If the name of more than one person is submitted with a ticket purchase, and that ticket is selected as a winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed the holder of record of that ticket and declared the winner. Division of prize by a group purchasing a ticket in common shall be to the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that ticket, should that ticket be selected as a winner.
Early ticket purchases will be included in up to four drawings. Tickets purchased by February 19, 2016, will be eligible for the Early Bird Drawing 1 (drawing date on or about March 2, 2016). Tickets purchased by March 18, 2016, will be eligible for the Early Bird Drawing 2 (drawing date on or about March 30, 2016). Tickets purchased by April 22, 2016, will be eligible for the Early Bird Drawing 3 (drawing date on or about May 4, 2016). All such tickets, including all winning tickets from Early Bird Drawings, will be included in applicable subsequent drawings as well as the Grand Prize drawing.
RMHC-NC reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds.” All defective or physically altered entry forms will be immediately disqualified by RMHC-NC. Prior to the Grand Prize drawing, RMHC-NC will make a reasonable effort to notify the individual and/or entity that submits such an entry form or one which has been rejected because the credit card or check did not clear that the entry has been rejected by attempting to make contact through the information provided at the time of submitting the purchase request. All orders for tickets for the Early Bird Drawings must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline. Any orders received after these deadlines will be held for the subsequent drawings, if applicable and Grand Prize drawing. RMHC-NC assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
A RAFFLE PARTICIPANT'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR RMHC-NC'S BREACH SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR HIS OR HER RAFFLE TICKET(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL RMHC-NC, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
How to Purchase:
An individual can purchase as many Raffle tickets as he or she may wish, subject to availability.
To purchase Raffle tickets: use the order form provided and fax the order form to (916-426-7510) or you may mail it to RMHCNC Raffle, 2555 49th St, Sacramento, CA 95817 or call 1-888-422-0221 providing your name, address, phone number along with your credit card number, credit card security code and expiration date. Tickets cannot be purchased on the raffle website or by email. Any entry form submitted by email will be rejected. All entries must include payment by check, money order or credit card. RMHC-NC reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute "good funds". No refunds will be made except under the following circumstances: any ticket order with payment received after 37,000 tickets have been sold or after May 20, 2016, will be returned. No other refunds are available except in the exclusive discretion of RMHC-NC. RMHC-NC assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
Selection of Winners:
The Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California Dream House Raffle drawing will be held on June 3, 2016, from all eligible Raffle tickets. Winners need not be present to win. RMHC-NC will conduct the Early Bird drawings on March 2, 2016 (Early Bird Drawing 1), March 30, 2016 (Early Bird Drawing 2), and May 4, 2016 (Early Bird Drawing 3). The Multi-Ticket Drawing and 50/50 Add-On Drawing (See Bonus Drawings) will be held on June 3, 2016. The Early Bird Drawings, Multi-Ticket Drawing, 50/50 Add-On Drawing and Grand Prize drawing will be held under the supervision of an independent raffle auditor. All drawings are open to the public. Winners will be notified according to the contact information provided to RMHC-NC at the time of ticket purchase. If the Grand Prize winner cannot be located by 5:00 p.m., June 10, 2016, after making a reasonable attempt to make contact through the information provided at the time of purchasing the Raffle ticket, such winner will be deemed to have elected the onetime cash alternate prize and another winner will not be selected for such prize. Should the Grand Prize winner not claim their prize within 180 days of the Grand Prize drawing date, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and another winner will not be selected. In addition to the list of winners posted on the RMHC-NC Raffle web site, a list of winners may be obtained from RMHC-NC or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to RMHCNC Raffle, 2555 49th St, Sacramento, CA 95817 within one week of the drawing.
In order to collect his or her prize, a Raffle ticket winner must sign and deliver to RMHC-NC: (a) a sworn affidavit of eligibility in accordance with these Rules and applicable law, including without limitation that he or she is at least 18 years old at the time he or she purchased the winning Raffle ticket; (b) such written information as is required by any applicable tax and/or real estate laws, including without limitation his or her Social Security Number; (c) proof of identity in forms satisfactory to the RMHC-NC showing that the person claiming the prize is the same person who is named on the winning Raffle ticket.; and (d) the winning Raffle ticket stub. Winners of prizes of $1,000 or more may be required to submit a W-2G, Form 5754 or similar tax form (provided by RMHC-NC) for tax withholding purposes. Prizes not collected by December 31, 2016 will be forfeited and another prize winner will not be selected.
The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of Raffle tickets sold. If all 37,000 tickets are sold, the odds of winning the Grand Prize is 1 in 37,000 and the odds of winning another prize is 1 in 20. If fewer tickets are sold, the chance of winning the Grand Prize, Early Bird Prizes and all secondary prizes improves.
Anyone 18 years of age or older at the time of the purchaser's Raffle ticket purchase may enter. RMHC-NC employees, members of the Board of Directors, authorized agents and employees thereof, consultants, attorneys, independent accountant firm, their immediate family (or significant others living in the same household) are excluded from participating and are not eligible to win a prize. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Raffle is void where prohibited or restricted by law. An affidavit of eligibility may be required from prize winners.
The Grand Prize is the House referred to in RMHC-NC Raffle materials.
Alternatively, the Grand Prize winner may elect to receive an annuity of $2,000,000 paid over 20 years or a onetime $1,400,000 cash payment (except as stated below). The Grand Prize Winner must make an election in writing between the house, the annuity, or the onetime cash payment no later than 5:00 p.m. June 10, 2016. If the home is not available due to circumstances outside of the control of RMHC-NC, as determined by RMHC-NC, the Grand Prize Winner will instead have no election as stated above and will instead have an election between an annuity of $2,000,000 paid over 20 years or a onetime $1,400,000 cash payment (except as stated below). A minimum of 35,000 main raffle tickets (as opposed to add-on tickets) must be sold by 11:59pm, May 20, 2016 for the Grand Prize Winner to have a choice of the House, the annuity of $2,000,000 paid over 20 years, or a onetime $1,400,000 cash payment alternate prize. If fewer than 35,000 main raffle tickets (as opposed to add-on tickets) are sold by 11:59pm Friday May 20, 2016, the raffle will be held as scheduled, and prizes will be awarded as advertised with the exception that the Grand Prize Winner will receive a choice between sum equal to 50% of the Net Raffle Proceeds paid as an annuity over 20 years, not to exceed $2,000,000 or a onetime cash payment of 70% of the annuity value, not to exceed $1,400,000. Net Raffle Proceeds will be calculated based on RMHC-NC accounting, which shall be final and conclusive with respect to the Grand Prize Winner. For these purposes “Net Raffle Proceeds” are defined as the balance of funds left after paying all other prizes, all raffle expenses and all expenses for the House. At the option of RMHC-NC, the drawing date for the Grand Prize may take place earlier if all raffle tickets have been sold.
All vehicles come base model factory equipped and winner(s) are also solely responsible for any and all state or local license, title, registration, cost differential between the value of the car and the cash alternate prize, taxes, or fees associated with the vehicle, as well as insurance (proof of which must be shown prior to delivery) and pickup or delivery costs at the dealership as well as any non-standard options chosen by the winner and negotiated with the dealership. All winners of vehicles must make an election in writing between the vehicle and the alternative cash payment no later than 5:00 p.m. on the fifth business day after the drawing. All vehicles are subject to availability at the automobile dealer selected by RMHC-NC and may be substituted with a comparable vehicle by RMHC-NC or with the cash alternate prize.
Vacation travel prizes are as described on the raffle website. Travel is roundtrip from any continental US domestic airport. Travel is transferrable. Travel must be used within one year of the RMHC-NC purchase date. All gratuities, taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner and each vacation prize has a maximum value of no more than five thousand dollars in total. Winners of travel related prizes must comply with all applicable requirements and restrictions related to said prizes including without limitation applicable travel dates, age restrictions, liability waivers, travel documentation and reservation and confirmation procedures. All vacations are subject to availability and may be substituted with a comparable vacation prize.
Early Bird Drawings:
- Early Bird Drawing 1:
- Winner's choice between a BMW 5 Series or $50,000 cash
- Early Bird Drawing 2:
- Winner's choice between a Mediterranean Cruise (7 nights plus airfare) or $10,000 cash
- Early Bird Drawing 3:
- Prize: Family Vacation for 4 to Orlando, Florida (5 Day/4 Night) or $5,000
Grand Prize Drawing:
- Grand Prize: The Dream House or $2,000,000 annuity or $1,400,000 onetime cash option*
- 2nd Prize: 2016 Jaguar F-Type Convertible or $50,000*
- 3rd Prize: Vacation to Barcelona, Spain (7 days/6 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 4th Prize: Vacation to Guanacaste, Costa Rica (7 days/6 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 5th Prize: Vacation to Paris (6 days/5 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 6th Prize: Vacation to Montego Bay, Jamaica (7 days/6 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 7th Prize: Vacation to New York City (5 days/4 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 8th Prize: Vacation to Kauai, Hawaii (7 days/6 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 9th Prize: Vacation to Alaskan Cruise or (7 days/6 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- 10th Prize: Vacation to London, England (6 days/5 nights plus airfare) or $5,000 cash*
- Prizes 11-1850:
- 1 QFX 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Speaker System
- 1 Canon PIXMA MG5720 Black
- 1 Uniden Full HD 30fps Dash Cam Recorder w/ GPS
- 1 Fitbit flex Wireless Activity and Sleep Wristband Tangerine
- 1 Odyssey Toys Galaxy Seaker Wi-Fi Drone
- 1 Ring Doorbell
- 1 The Wine Enthusiast Silent 18 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Refrigerator
- 1 Bushnell 3"X525 GOTO NORTHSTAR W/RVO
- 1 Apple Watch Sport 38mm Aluminum Case White Band
- 1 TCL 40" Roku LED TV 1080p
- 1 AEE GPS Drone Quadcopter w/ Full HD Action Camera
- 1 Canon EOS REBEL SL1 EF-S 18-55 IS STM KIT
- 1 Samsung 40" Curved 4K UHD Smart TV MR120 Wi-fi
- 1 Solowheel Hovertrax Black
- 1 Samsung 50" 4K UHD Smart TV MR120 Smart Connectivity
- 1 Apple 13" Macbook Air with 256GB Flash Drive
- 1 Samsung 40" Curved 4K UHD Smart TV MR240 Wi-fi
- 1 Solowheel Solowheel Black
- 3 Neato BotVac D80
- 4 Apple iPod Nano 16GB - Space Gray
- 4 RCA Internet Music System w/ 7" Tablet
- 4 AEE S51MagiCam Action Camera
- 5 Casio G-Shock Watch w/10 Year Battery
- 5 Fitbit zip Wireless Activity Monitor Midnight Blue
- 5 iHome Bluetooth FM Clock Radio w/ USB Charging
- 5 Outdoor Tech Buckshot Pro Portable Speaker/Light/Powerbank Red
- 5 Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Rugged Bluetooth Speaker Black
- 5 Canon Powershot ELPH160 Digital Camera w/ 16GB Micro SD Card
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 8 GB White
- 5 Yamaha Compact Desktop Audio Player
- 5 Dyson AM06 10" Air Multiplier White/Silver
- 5 Samsung Google Chrome Notebook
- 8 Supersonic Micro System with CD and AM/FM Radio
- 8 RCA Bluetooth Soundbar with Subwoofer
- 8 Apple TV 32GB w/ HDMI Cable
- 10 Uniden 30 Mile Range 2-Way FRS/GMRS Radios w/ Charging Kit
- 10 Sony 16GB Walkman MP3 Player Black
- 10 Naxa 10" Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player w/USB/SD/MMC Inputs
- 15 Ninja Nutri Ninja Pro Blender
- 15 High Sierra Ultimate Access 2.0 26" Wheeled Duffel Mercury/Charcoal/Yellow
- 15 Nuu Splash Extreme Bluetooth Speaker Silver
- 20 myCharge HubPlus 6000mAh Rechargeable Power Bank
- 25 Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Player
- 30 RCA Bluetooth CD Micro Audio System
- 50 Outdoor Tech Los Cabos Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Black
- 245 Naxa 10.1" TFT LED Digital Photo Frame
- 325 Omaha Steaks The President Collection Certificate Program
- 963 Spa & Wellness Gift Cards
- * except as stated above
- Multi-Ticket Drawing
- Prize: Tesla Model S 60 kWh Battery AWD or $50k
- Any individual who buys three or more tickets will be entered into the Multi-Ticket Drawing, subject to the following: to be eligible entrants must purchase three or more tickets during the same purchase, using one method of payment, using the same name on each ticket, and the same mailing address for each eligible ticket. For each eligible ticket purchased, a corresponding eligible ticket will be added into the Multi-Ticket Drawing. Three tickets purchased will have three tickets entered into the Multi-Ticket Drawing. Four tickets purchased will have four tickets entered into the Multi-Ticket Drawing, etc. Multiple tickets purchased at the same time are eligible for discounts. 3-packs are available for $400 and 5-packs are available for $550.
- New 50/50 Add-On Drawing
- Prize: Winner will be awarded half the jackpot.
50/50 Add-On Tickets are one for $10, 5-pack for $25 or 15-pack for $50.
- Guidelines for purchasing 50/50 Add-On tickets are as follows:
- Only one method of payment and only one mailing address are permitted.
- 50/50 Add-On Tickets must be ordered in conjunction with your raffle ticket.
- 50/50 Add-On orders will not be accepted after your original raffle ticket order date.
General Terms and Conditions:
The House, if selected, will be transferred to the Grand Prize winner
“AS IS, WHERE IS, AND WITH ALL FAULTS”. RMHC-NC DOES NOT MAKE OR PROVIDE ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE HOUSE AND ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY REGARDING THE CONSTRUCTION OR CONDITION OF THE HOUSE. RMHC-NC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE HOUSE IS OF MERCANTILE QUALITY OR THAT IT CAN BE USED FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN AND NO AFFIRMATION OF RMHC-NC BY WORDS AND/OR ACTIONS WILL CONSTITUTE A WARRANTY.
At the time of closing of the House transfer, all federal and state income taxes based on the value of the House will be due from the Grand Prize winner. All appropriate and required federal and state taxes will be withheld by RMHC-NC in accordance with federal and state law from the Grand Prize (if the Grand Prize winner selects the cash alternate annuity award of $2,000,000 paid over 20 years, or the onetime cash alternate award of $1,400,000, instead of the House) as well as winners of Early Bird Prizes, Multi-Ticket Prize, 50/50 Add-On Prize and Secondary Prizes of $5,000 or more, and RMHC-NC will remit the balance of the cash prizes to the winners. RMHC-NC makes no representation, warranty or guarantee that the Grand Prize winner will be able to sell the House for a particular value, nor is there any guarantee that the IRS will accept that value of the House for the purpose of determining any income tax that may be due from the winner. RMHC-NC takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. Consult your tax advisor.
ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTRACT, OR THE BREACH THEREOF, SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (PURSUANT TO ITS EXPEDITED PROCEDURES) UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN THE SUPERIOR COURT FOR THE COUNTY OF SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA, WHICH SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION THEREOF.
Registration with the State of California:
By letter from the Attorney General’s office, Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California has registered with the Department of Justice under Raffle Registration Number RF0002935 The official registration and financial information regarding Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California can be obtained from the Attorney General's website [at www.ag.ca.gov/charities]. Registration does not imply endorsement.